What customers say:
“SIMPLY THE BEST!!!”
“The graphics are excellent and I think this will be really useful while out at sea or at home for revision purposes.”
“The graphics are clear and well done, and the info is great to carry with me. Works perfectly.”
IALA Buoyage & Lights at Sea – Colregs
For all Seagoing Sail and Power Vessels – Sailboats, Power Boats, Fishing Boats and all Commercial Vessels. In use Worldwide.
This boating, sailing and marine app provides all skippers and crew with the essential quick reference knowledge they need to quickly recognise and interpret the buoys and the light markers and improve your overall boating skills and safety on the water, as specified by the International Association of Lighthouse Authorities (IALA) Systems A & B.
Whether out on the water or on shore, in daylight, darkness or poor visibility, simply open the app and search the buoys, beacons, markers and lights in seconds to find the appropriate rule and definition.
**** This popular application has been downloaded & used daily by thousands of seafarers in the USA, Great Britain, Australia, France, Canada, New Zealand & over 50 other countries ****
****** FEATURES and BENEFITS ******
– Easy reference learning and revision tool
– Custom made graphics for a better visual experience
– Researched and produced by nautical and marine experts for accuracy
– Positively evaluated by professionals for reliability
– Interactive “Test Yourself” Section
– No internet connection required.
– Simple, easy to use navigation for quick reference.
– Every IALA buoyage marker available at the touch of a finger.
– Expertly drawn illustrations accompanied by clear, concise descriptions
If you are responsible for a vessel at sea, no matter how small or large, you must be able to recognise different types of navigation marks, day or night, and know what they mean.
This Buoys & Lights app will help improve your overall boating skills and safety on the water.
Buoys & Lights is designed to help all recreational and professional seafarers learn and understand the world buoyage systems which are organised by the International Association of Lighthouse Authorities (IALA).
There are two systems in use, IALA A and IALA B and they are both explained fully in this app.
There are 4 main sections in this boating safety app:
1. Buoyage: A graphic reference guide with 70 illustrations and captions which explain the different types of buoy, their uses, appearance, permutations and light characteristics
2. Lights: A graphic reference guide with 12 illustrations and captions which explain the different types of light and their characteristics, used by beacons and lighthouses
3. IALA Rules: The International Association of Lighthouse Authorities (IALA) rules are reproduced in full
4. Test Yourself: A series of multiple choice questions with 35 graphic representations of buoys and lights helps you check your knowledge
We’ve worked hard to uphold the highest standards of accuracy in this app and want you to enjoy this app in several ways:
– As an easy reference and revision tool
– As a powerful visual aide-memoire
– As an accurate source of safety information tested by marine experts
– As a way to constantly improve your knowledge and recall via the ‘test yourself” section
– As a tool to assist you on sailing and boating courses
FEEDBACK & ENDORSEMENT FROM THE INTERNATIONAL BOATING COMMUNITY that we’ve had is perhaps the best indicator of the value of our apps:
“I was so impressed with your Nav Lights app that I bought it and downloaded it immediately.”
“I really like the ColRegs part of it and the way you have kept it completely in line with the IRPCS.”
OTHER APPS IN THIS SERIES THAT YOU MIGHT LIKE:
– ColRegs: Nav Lights and Shapes this is how to learn the Colregs – essential knowledge
– ColRegs: The Rules of the Road covers the “Steering and Sailing Rules” and “Sound and Light Signals” sections of the IRPCS
In use around the world!
Post by: Stuart Batley